This weekend intensive at the serene and beautiful Yogaville campus will focus on a wide range of yoga for women in the prenatal and immediate postpartum phases of motherhood. Whether you plan to teach prenatal or postnatal yoga classes, want to feel comfortable offering modifications to pregnant or postnatal women, or hope to dive deeper into the magical intersection between yoga and motherhood, this is a weekend for you. In this intensive, participants will learn
- Compassionate and thoughtful yoga instruction for women in all phases of motherhood
- Empowering and supportive prenatal and postnatal yoga classes for women with a wide variety of physical and emotional needs
- Pre and postnatal modifications for women attending regular yoga classes
- Anatomy of pregnancy, labor, and birth
- Physical and emotional impacts of pregnancy
- Cultural perspectives on pregnancy and birth and how these perspectives can affect a woman’s own experience
- How yoga beautifully supports the physical and emotional changes of pregnancy
- Contraindications during pregnancy
- Meditation, visualization, pranayama, mantra, and yoga positions that can be helpful for labor and birth
- Safe and effective strategies and yoga practices for rebuilding strength and flexibility after childbirth
- General information on postpartum physical changes, health, and healing
This unique offering is perfect for Yoga teachers, doulas, childbirth educators, moms, and other care providers. This Whole Mama Yoga weekend intensive is based on the Whole Mama Yoga Training, which goes beyond the traditional offerings of a prenatal Yoga teacher training and supplies students with much-needed information for their childbearing-age clients.
Continuing Education Opportunities
Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 7 contact hours
Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program tuition is $240 and accomodations range from $120 to $300. Accomodations include meals, kirtan, meditation classes, and yoga classes outside of the program. Please read more at Yogaville's website.