September 7, 7:00-9:30 PM
September 8, 3:00-6:00 PM
September 9, 1:00-3:30 PM
What happens when a pregnant practitioner shows up in your flow class? What do you tell a new mom who complains of scar pain from a Caesarean birth while in a low lunge? Would you like to be able to confidently teach this population of students in a way that is meaningful, fun, and safe? Join us for a weekend training that will provide you with the tools to share yoga with pregnant and postpartum women, whether they are brand new to yoga or experienced practitioners.
The needs, joys, and challenges specific to women before, during, and after childbearing offers teachers the opportunity to deeply connect with women during these transformational times in life. Increase your knowledge about this highly-desired specialty, and make deeper connections with students who may need it most!
In this training, you’ll learn about
- Modifications for poses for pregnant students
- Contraindications for prenatal and postnatal practitioners
- Common complaints of pregnancy—and how yoga can help
- A general overview of pregnancy by trimester (and an overview of postpartum concerns)
- Anatomy of pregnancy, labor and birth and the changes experienced by women during these times
- Simple sequences, adaptable for general or prenatal classes
- Pranayama practices for pregnancy and labor
Yoga Teachers earn 8 CEU hours with Yoga Alliance for this training.